Faker - Tests Data Generator
There have been a few ports of the original Perl Faker and a few of those have been to php. What started as another port has grown instead into a comprehensive data generation tool, powered by Doctrine DBAL and Symfony2 Components.
I wanted Faker to help write PHPUnit DBUnit fixtures.
I wanted to achive a balance between the original Perl Faker (used for screen mockups) and all pupose Java tool like Databene or Microsoft equivalent . Easier to lean, easy extension and xml and cli based.
- 1. Supports multiple platforms using Doctrine DBAL.
- 2. Supports PHPUnit Dataset XML for DBUnit fixtures.
- 3. Supports Standard Sql DDL (insert statements) for the platforms mentioned above.
- 4. Output Formats have heir own templates that can be customized per project. (add own branding).
- 5. Configured via XML file that feels closer to your database.
- 6. Many built in datatypes, Including text, numeric , autoincrements, email , city names etc
- 7. Embraces extension, write own types, writters and locales.
- 8. Installed via composer
- 9. Analyse and build struct from existing database.
- 10. Seed your random number generator for repeatable results (seed global|table|column|type).
- 11. Supported custom locals, generate test data in unicode. (Not just ENGLISH).
- 12. Project folder that can be version controled with your project.