LaterJob - A Database Queue with Metrics
I have in the past needed a simple queue for applications hosted on 'sharded host' or other limited php environments with:
- no access to the cli,
- no persistent processes
- no chmod - physically set write permissions in cpanel or equivlent.
- Small scale single node installations.
I developed LaterJob to power jobs such as:
- 1. Mail Queues.
- 2. Sms Queues.
- 3. Thumbnail Generation.
- 4. PDF Generation.
Its a simple queue, simlar to Zend\DB\Queue but comes packaged with metrics
- * Written with Symfony2 components and Doctrine DBAL.
- * Uses Cron scripts for workers and metric generation.
- * Can Run many workers.
- * Multiple queues per script if needed.
- * Records state transitions into the database as activity which drive Metrics.
- * Installed via composer.
- * Restful Silex API to query monitor data